What is local SEO?
Imagine you are a groom searching for a bride. What will you do? (presuming that it isn’t a love marriage). Enroll your name on matrimony websites, tell your friends and relatives about it, and give advertisements in the newspapers about it; right?
Now think for a moment. By doing all these actions you are trying to tell the world at large about your needs. In the digital industry, it is called ‘local SEO’. It is informing the local public that your business exists.
Secondly, if you find a bride then the potential bride will inquire from others about your details to be assured about the genuineness of the same.
This is because no matter what the groom’s parents tell you, you will trust the opinions of a third party to judge the groom.
The same happens with us when we list our business online. Rather than boasting about ourselves, when other sites quote our website as a reference then it is considered more trustworthy. In technical terms, it is called backlinks.
Just as in the example that we took earlier, the groom registered on various online matrimony directories, classifieds, and told about it to friends/relatives; similarly in Google, we need backlinks from multiple sources pointing to our website. For that we need to list our business on:
- Business Listing sites
- Profile Creation sites
- Classified ads listing sites
- Bookmarkiang Submission (Pages)
- Bookmarking Submission (Blogs)
- Video Submission sites
- PPT Submission sites
- Answer Posting sites
This is technically known as off-page SEO. We have covered more about it in our ‘off-page SEO page’.
Do you know that Google apps are preloaded on our mobiles? So the moment you connect your phone to the internet, Google knows everything about you.
If you run a business and don’t have a website then also if Google feels that your result is relevant (looking to the social media followings) it will show your social handles to the readers.
What do we offer in ‘local SEO services’?
Our local SEO services include:
- Google my business listing
- Directories (citations)
- Website improvements
- Off-Page Local SEO link building
- On-page local SEO optimization
- Local Schema
- Local blogs
- And much more
According to Google, 76% of consumers who search for something local on their phones, definitely visit the store. If you don’t want to lose this chance, it is time to do local SEO for your business.
Why is local SEO the need for an hour?
Still not convinced why you need a local SEO? Here are some fascinating statistics. Local SEO is different from other SEO. It tries to show your business to the people who are searching for a ‘nearby’ shop.
Just getting your business listed on GMB won’t show your results to the prospects. Local SEO too has certain ranking factors like:
- The location from where the person is searching
- NAP citations (Name, Address, Phone Number)
- Presence of Google My Business listing
- Keywords used in Google My Business profile
- The sentiment of online reviews
- Star ratings are given by the clients
- Keywords used in online reviews
- Number of “check-ins” at that location
- Shares on social media
- Google Maps star rating for that business
Based on the above criteria, Google shows the best results to the visitors based on the relevance of the query. Google ranks the page based on:
- The proximity of your business
- Relevance of your business
- The prominence of your brand image in the consumer’s mind.
Hence, if you want your business to be visible in the eyes of the visitors then you need to do local SEO. Local SEO can help you to rocket your sales.
How can we help you with local SEO?
- Listing your business on the GMB page
- Analyze your website and its structure
- Optimize content for best results
- Add relevant hashtags to social media pages
- Add reviews and ratings for your business
- Correct the mistakes on the GMB page, if any
- In case you want help with social media, we help you to create reels and shorts. This helps you to become popular.
- Establish backlinks
- Write guest posts for you, if needed
The very first thing that we do is to check your business listing on Google my business page. In case it is not listed we list it.
Sometimes listings show the wrong address or a wrong location on Google maps. We help you to deal with it by communicating with the Google support desk on your behalf and getting the matter corrected.
After that, we have a look at your website and its structure. If the website content does not contain the keywords to attract the potential customers then we rewrite the content to optimize it further, to be visible in the search results.
We can help you to make short videos, and reels to promote your business on social media. The use of relevant hashtags can attract customers to your business.
We place keywords in strategic locations in URLs, meta, description and content so that it sends a strong signal to Google about what your business is all about.
We help your business to get credibility by generating quality backlinks and asking for reviews and ratings from your customers.
We can help your business to establish a local presence.